Blog Archive

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I walk in the shadow of great men, least I stand, humbled

I do not know what I may appear to the world;
but to myself I seem to have been only a boy
playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself
in now and then finding a smoother pebble
or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst
the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered
before me.
Sir Isaac Newton

I have always known
that at last I would
take this road, but yesterday
I did not know that it would be today.
Narihira

One day people will touch and talk
perhaps easily, and loving be
natural as breathing, and warm as
sunlight; and people will untie themselves,
as string is unknotted, unfold and yawn
and stretch and spread their fingers;
Unfurl, uncurl, like seaweed returned
to the sea. And work will be simple and
swift like a seagull flying; And play
will be casual and quiet as a seagull
settling. And the clocks will stop, and
no-one will wonder or care or notice,
and people will smile without reason,
even in the winter,
even in the rain.
A.S.J. Tessimond


" There are moments in my life,
that are so fathomless and deep,
that even I cannot recognize
the shadows residing in the quietness."
Juneta Key






No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am glad you found your way here