gift
Water,
How it calms me.
I sit here on the shore,
and it comes to me
that every drop of water here
travels far to connect
this place
with many others,
and I see you in all those places.
If I reach down
and touch the water,
part of me will
wash away
and forever
diminish me as a whole.
But the hope that one drop
will reach you, and link us
if only for a moment,
sustains me
for one more day.
So I will take
each of these days
as a precious gift
to still me
against all things
that would seek
to undo me.
Meus Captus Cor
Your voice
sings to my heart,
your eyes,
look straight
to my soul,
and for a moment
all I am
and all I will ever be
will never be the same.
You bring the winds
of storms,
and only thunder
clears my mind.
In a flash
of lightning
this will be over
and all that will remain
of you
is the passing
of distant showers.
born
All that is born
of thunder and lightning
does not the day last.
It is merely
a birth of form.
That which lasts
comes from the heart,
but is born
of the mind.
1 comment:
I'm enjoying your writing VERY much. Keep going! Don't stop!
Post a Comment