Blog Archive

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Now we see but through a glass darkly

human

If I shed
this tear
that is about
to fall,
I risk
being human,
again. . .
A world
I thought done with,
long ago.
A journey
from the most
profound darkness
into the light,
which is
my ladies eyes.
All this
to once again,
feel love.

untitled

Compassion,
I like it not.
It seeps with venom
from my soul
to fall
bottomless,
in a sea
of discontent.

An ocean vast
it is,
filled with tears
shed in vain
for the wanting
of a true feeling
to emerge,
unbidden
by the crowd.

untitled

Why do we
await the coming
of dawn?
Is it the
anticipation
of the light,
a new day
full of wonders.

Or,
are we running
from the darkness
of night,
of all things
hidden in shadow.

untitled

These dark emotions
which at times
threaten to
overwhelm us
can be bridled,
and used. . .
For without the darkness
how would we know
the light.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am glad you found your way here